I always hated the idea of aging, but here I am, with another year on my shoulders. Today I’m 24 and this number couldn’t scare me more. Maybe it’s because I know I don’t have any power to slow down the time and I’m afraid I won’t have enough of it to spend around the people I love.
That’s why I want to make the most out of it. I don’t want to spend any minute today being upset about growing up. Instead, I want to celebrate not my birthday, but all the amazing people in my life. Sometimes I forget how lucky I am… I have a family that supports me and that has always been there for me in every moment of my life. A boyfriend that is the most amazing person in the entire world and that always know how to make me smile. I have friends that I know I can count on no matter what. And let’s not forget about all of you, the people who read this blog even if it’s been such a mess for a long time, and that supported all of this even without knowing me. Let’s be straight here: who could ask for more?
Even if my family and friends may not be reading this blog, I want to thank everyone for being there. You all make my life amazing!
I’ve been meaning to write this post for a while now, but I ended up postponing it for months. As I decided to become more organized with the blog, this also means I need to get my stuff done. I mentioned my headphones in my school essential post, but it’s finally time to give you some more information about them.
I must say that before buying my UrbanEars I wasn’t really a fan of this kind of headphones. I always used my Apple headphones and I was happy with them, mostly because they didn’t take a lot of space in my bag. However, when I started seeing people wearing this brand I fell in love a little.
First thing, I checked for reviews online. Everyone seemed so happy about them, about their quality and resistance, that I couldn’t help myself by wanting them more and more. I decided to go to a store and try them on, and I was surprised by how much comfortable they actually were. Even if they are a bit expensive, it’s nothing compared with some other brands like Beats Studio by Dr. Dre. Since I use headphones a lot during my train’s trips, I decided it wasn’t a bad idea to invest some money for some good headphones. And I couldn’t be more grateful I did. The quality of the sound is really amazing, both if I’m listening to some music or watching a movie on my laptop.
When I’m not using them, I like to roll the cable like this to close them up. This let you save some space when putting them in your bag or backpack. Also, the cable is made with a cord, which makes them really resistant.
This feature lets you connect your headphones with someone else’s. I didn’t use it a lot yet, but it’s a great way to share what you’re listening to, without missing out anything.
The fact that these headphones come in lots of different colors it’s another positive point. I hate having something that everyone else has, and with all this color choice it’s easier to find something that reflect your personality and makes you stand out.
So yes, I do love my UrbanEars and I’m glad I bought them. They become an inseparable friend for when I’m traveling by train and for many other moments as well.
What are your favorite headphones and when do you use them the most? Leave a comment below!
During the holiday I went with Stitch to London. It was an amazing trip, and I finally decided to share some of our memories with you. I’m counting to make a couple of posts like this during the next few weeks.
First stop, the London Zoo.
It was pretty cold that day, and I have to say we weren’t really planning on going there. But I’m glad we did because it was amazing! I actually had an hard time selecting what picture share with you, cause I took so many. But here we go!
This little guy was so colorful and reminded me of Nemo, so I couldn’t resist and I had to shoot him. And don’t lie, I know you thought about Nemo too.
I guess you could see we were pretty egocentric and we took a picture with almost everything we could. We just played the tourist role without thinking twice about it.
I have to admit it: the whole let’s take a selfie with a penguin idea was Stitch’s. It’s not my fault if the penguin decided to make a pose when I was shooting. So let’s give him some credits.
I guess this doesn’t need much explanation, doesn’t it?
Not sure what it was looking at, but it must have been really interesting. Love it.
This is Timon’s family. That’s it. I’ve met Timon’s family. You can all be jealous.
That’s it for now. If you ever been to the London Zoo, let me know what were your favorites animal to see – and shoot!
My blog has always been a mess. When I started it, I didn’t know where I was going with it. Actually, I just needed a place to write, and the idea of a blog seemed pretty cool. At first I was writing just for me, sharing my thoughts with no one in particular. Then I discovered others blog and I felt so inspired by them that I felt the need to change mine too. The thing is, I always had plenty of ideas, but somehow I never sticked to them long enough. When I switched to indiellie.com it was such a big deal for me and with my boyfriend’s help I finally made my blog look how I wanted. But speaking of contents, I’ve never been entirely satisfied about what I was writing, maybe because I realized that every other blog I loved had a theme. I tried different things but I always messed up. But lately it’s been so messed up that I lost control of what I was doing.
This is when it hit me: I needed a fresh start.
I know this is not the first “fresh start” this blog has seen from his beginning, but I hope it will be a major one. So, here’s the new deal. I’ve decided that I will mostly focus on photography and lifestyle, since I realized that those are the kind of posts I like to write the most.
I actually took some time to organize my categories, so now it should me easier to navigate through the blog.
Lifestyle: even if I let a “chit chat” page for when I’ll need to just randomly express my thoughts, I will try to post more tips and tricks and self improvement posts. I’m no expert about these, but I enjoy reading similar posts, so why don’t give it a try?
Photography: hopefully I will be able to keep up with my Instax week project, but most of all, I will try to do more photo posts. I really love making those, and this will help me take some time to shoot more, which will sure help me.
As for the language, you may have noticed (or not) that I removed the Polylang plugin, since I wasn’t even using it anymore – too much work, less motivation. So, even if I know my English is far from perfect, I will be using it as main language. Feel free to correct me anytime! For my Italian readers, you can still find all Italian posts here, or just by going back through the posts.
But one of the most important things is that I’m actually trying to get organized with everything – I even used my Calendar app to schedule some stuff! Maybe for the first weeks from now it won’t be working as I planned, since I always need some time to adapt to all the changes. But I will try with all my heart (and good intentions) to commit to it.
When I was a kid, I thought that in order to have white hair, you must first become a grandparent. Could I have been any wronger?
Tonight I found two white hairs in my head and, unfortunately, it’s not the first time this happened. Actually, since I started uni, almost every time before an exam session I start stressing out so much that my body react – starting from lightening my hair. Yay.
My lack of motivation for my studies is not helping either, since I keep thinking about how it would be awesome to have a job instead of still be at school. But thinking about how much I’d like to be somewhere else right now, metaphorically speaking, it’s not gonna help.
I know how important these exams are, and I’m also really aware that as soon as this exam session is over, I will have to deal with even more important stuff, i.e. the essay for my bachelor degree. At least I found a theme that I like, but I still know it won’t be easy to write it. And that will cause me even more stress.
Maybe that’s why I’m drinking so much tea lately.
I got to say, I’m almost feeling guilty right now for using my time to blog instead of studying. But hey, it’s already 10 p.m. and I think I did my job for today. Or didn’t I? Well… maybe I could have done something more, I guess.
More than one person already told me that I say sorry too much. It’s true, I tend to say it way often and it came to the point where people may think that I say it more like as an habit than because I mean it. The thing is, I actually mean it. Always.
Since this is my first post of 2015 (Happy New Year, everyone!), I will try to start with my only New Year’s Resolution: saying “sorry” less. I thought I would have started this post by apologizing for my long absence from the blog, but I’ve done that so many times that I’m also started to be tired of it.
I always have some difficulties in putting myself back into work, and this blog is no exception. I want to write, I really do. But when you stay away for so much times, it can be a bit scaring. I have to admit it, though: it feels nice to write again. And I’m realizing just now how much I actually missed it.
So yeah,… Here I am. But let’s keep it short – as I say, I’m not here to apologize.
I’m really sorry about my absence. Everything is getting pretty intense with both my internship (which is near to the end) and uni. Next week I’ll have two exams, and I feel like I’m not ready at all.
In an ideal world, I would have plenty of time to write more blog post and knit more beanies – this last one has lately become an obsession. But unfortunately I’m still a bit stuck with everything else. I’d like to say that after my exams I will be more present, but I’m not sure I can actually promise you that. In fact, I will still be pretty busy for my next exams (that I will do in February), and I also will have to do another internship and write some important papers for school. But at least I will be in London for a week with my love, and I couldn’t be happier about it!
Instax Week 30 of 52 | This is a place in Fribourg near my university. The weather wasn’t the greatest that day, but you can still see a “sculpture”. I always liked it, even if I don’t even know if it has a meaning or if it’s just a random stone… Oh well, it’s simple and I like it.
Instax Week 31 of 52 | Stitch was having fun with some air balloon at a Christmas party. I really have to say that I prefer to shoot portrait, in general, and this is no exception.
Istax Week 32 of 52 | I took this picture last Saturday, during an event here in Fribourg to celebrate Saint Nicolas. It was really nice, but unfortunately it was already a bit dark and the picture didn’t come out as I hoped.
Last week I’ve been nominated for not one, but two Liebster Awards! I can’t believe how lucky I am and I really want to thank the two people who nominated me, Alenixedda of Da una stella cadente all’altra and Becky of Under the Sea Beauty. You guys are amazing, and if you don’t know their blogs, I really suggest you check them out cause they’re really worth you time!
Link back to the person that nominated you.
Answer questions given by the nominator.
Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
Create 11 questions for the nominees.
Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
1. A book, a song, a movie and a city that describe you or to which you feel really close. This is more difficult than expected… As for the book, I will go with Sophie’s World, which is a book that changed my life. For the song I don’t even have to think about it, and I go with Imagine right away, cause it describes everything I believe in. There are many movies that I love, but I feel really close to Mary Poppins since it always remember me to look at life with positivity and it makes me believe that it is still possible to have the imagination of a child even when you’re older. Lately, I don’t think there is a particular city that can describe me or a part of myself… But I’d really like to visit Neverland, one day.
2. Which imaginary character would you like to meet, and why? Once again, I’ll go with Mary Poppins. I’d like to see if I would actually love her or found her irritating…
3. If you could time-travel which epoch would you choose? Would it be in the past or would you like to know the future? I will definitely choose something (well, sometime) in the past, even if I’m not too sure what era… But all I know is that the future scares me I really want the future to be a surprise.
4. Do you collect anything? Owls! Even if it’s not really a collection, but more an obsession…
1. If you could re-live any moment in your life, what would it be? My first concert with the choir where I sing, when I was about 6 years old. I remember I was really excited, and I’d like to feel that again, since after that we had so many concerts that sometimes I forget how exciting this can be.
2. What song could you listen to on repeat, and not get tired of? The Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel.
3. What did you initially think when your blog started growing? I’m not even sure that it’s acutally growing that much, but I was really happy about the more comment I got, since that’s one of the things I love most about blogging.
4. If you could only pick one beauty item to take with you on vacation, what would you take? Mascara, for sure!
5. Did you think you would be where you are today a year ago? Yes, since I was already studying and I knew I still had at least one year to go. But thinking about my love life, I didn’t expect that many changes for sure… I guess I thought I was stuck, and I’m really happy I was wrong. I couldn’t be more blissful than I am!
6. What are you most looking forward to in this next year? I really hope my studies will end well and that I will find a decent work. And, well.. everything else that comes with it.
7. Your at the movies, what is your must-have snack to have? Pop corn for sure! Except if I’m watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. In that case I must have some dark chocolate with me.
8. Have you ever thought about starting your own YouTube channel? If you have one already, what motivated you to start it? I thought about it, but I wouldn’t know what to do. Also, I don’t think I would ever be able to talk in front of a camera.
9. What is your favorite quality about yourself? I think I’m a good listener, and I love to help others when I can.
10. What motivates you to write a blog post? When I have a good blogpost idea, I just want to share it with my readers! When I have some good photography that can go with it, I feel even more motivated!
11. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be? Probably Canada, but only if Stitch can come with me.
These last days I’ve been very busy with my choir. It was an amazing and intense week end full of music, and I can’t be grateful enough to be a part of something that special. But I won’t talk much about that, ’cause I like to keep those feeling for myself right now.
Anyway, I realized that I’m already on Wed’s Photo number 50! It’s been a long journey, that I wasn’t sure I would have been able to keep up with. When I started this project, I didn’t really know where I was going and I didn’t planned much. The idea was simply to have a reason to keep shooting. Since everything school and work related is getting intense, I now decide that this won’t be a weekly project anymore, at least for a while. That doesn’t mean that I will stop publishing my photography: the Wed’s Photo series stay on board, but it won’t be a regular appointment. I will still post a photo on Wednesday anytime I will have one to share with you! Hopefully this will give me some time to dedicate to my studies, but also to write some more post!
Last week end was really intense, so I decided once again to put two weeks together.
As you may see from Week 28’s Favorites, I’ve discovered an amazing blog called The Nectar Collective, and I really suggest you all to go read it if you don’t already! I’d also wanted to thank the lovely JennyPurr for sharing the link that made me discover The Nectar Collective. Her blog is another piece of heaven that you must follow, trust me!