Okay, I know… Yumi is not a puppy anymore. But as a proud parent, I’ll always feel like she is.
Since she came into our lifes less than a year ago (it was May, 2015), she gave us so much happiness every and each day we spent together.
Yes, having a dog is not always rainbows and butterflies and we also had days where she made us crazy – mostly when she was still really young and when there is a full or black moon. But not one time I did regret adopting her, and I know I never will.
I find myself talking about Yumi all the time to my friends and family, but she’s such a big part of my life that I just can’t help it.
But I mean… Look at her, with thar giant smile on her face. How could you not love her?
Follow me on Instagram to have daily updates on my dog and my life!
Even if we had a really late winter this year, with the snow showing up just a couple of weeks ago, I feel that the spring is already on its way.
The grass is growing back stronger and in such a vivid green that it just makes me happy. The trees are offering once again a colorful view, with those little flowers playing peek-a-boo.
Winter has always been my favourite season, so I was really upset when it wasn’t how I’d expected it, this year. When I saw the snow I was excited like a little kid that sees it for the first time. But I have to admit that now I just hope we’ll be able to have a normal (yet very special) spring. I need to shoot some bright colors!
Last week the lovely Novellette nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. I was really excited about it and I want to thank her again soooo much! If you don’t know Novellette’s blog, you should totally check it out. She’s really inspiring and I love her writing style!
But let’s go ahead with the Award. Here’re the rules – and for once, I’ll try to stick to them:
Thank and link the blogger who nominated you.
Answer the ten questions your nominator has provided.
Nominate ten other bloggers and share the love!
Finally, create ten questions of your own to ask your nominees and notify them of their nomination!
1. What’s your favourite film? I do love a lot of movies and it’s really hard for me to pick just one. The Lion King and Mary Poppins are at the top of my list, but I’d also like to share my love for The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Saving Mr. Banks.
2. If you could go anywhere in the world with anyone in the world right now, where would you go and who would you take? I would go back to Canada, and maybe this time travel a bit more. No hesitation on who I would like to come with me: my boyfriend!
3. What language have you always wanted to learn? I’d love to speak (and write!) a better English… But if we’re talking about learning from the beginning, I think I would choose Hawaiian. I’m not sure why, I guess I just really love the sound of it. I could listen to No Mele No Lilo all day long.
4. Are you a Disney fan? No. I’m the Disney fan. I love, love, love everything Disney related and I still get really excited if I get to watch a Disney Classic.
5. Besides blogging, what are some of your hobbies? You probably already know about my love for photography. The other, and even bigger, passion of my life is music. I’ve been in a choir since I was 7 years old and it became my second family. I don’t know who I would be without it.
6. What’s the last song you listened to?Elenore by The Turtles.
7. What’s your biggest fear? Being killed by a spider. And growing old alone.
8. Who was your first celebrity crush? I’m not sure about it, but I think it was for Paul Walker (I still don’t believe he’s really gone…). However, as a child I had a huge crush on Simba.
9. What was your last dream about? I was playing darts, but my hands were really weak and I couldn’t throw the darts. They kept falling on the floor. It was really frustrating. And yes, I did actually play the evening before.
10. What was your favourite TV show as a kid? Pokemon all the way! I still hope to get a Charmander one day!
I always hated the idea of aging, but here I am, with another year on my shoulders. Today I’m 24 and this number couldn’t scare me more. Maybe it’s because I know I don’t have any power to slow down the time and I’m afraid I won’t have enough of it to spend around the people I love.
That’s why I want to make the most out of it. I don’t want to spend any minute today being upset about growing up. Instead, I want to celebrate not my birthday, but all the amazing people in my life. Sometimes I forget how lucky I am… I have a family that supports me and that has always been there for me in every moment of my life. A boyfriend that is the most amazing person in the entire world and that always know how to make me smile. I have friends that I know I can count on no matter what. And let’s not forget about all of you, the people who read this blog even if it’s been such a mess for a long time, and that supported all of this even without knowing me. Let’s be straight here: who could ask for more?
Even if my family and friends may not be reading this blog, I want to thank everyone for being there. You all make my life amazing!
When I was a kid, I thought that in order to have white hair, you must first become a grandparent. Could I have been any wronger?
Tonight I found two white hairs in my head and, unfortunately, it’s not the first time this happened. Actually, since I started uni, almost every time before an exam session I start stressing out so much that my body react – starting from lightening my hair. Yay.
My lack of motivation for my studies is not helping either, since I keep thinking about how it would be awesome to have a job instead of still be at school. But thinking about how much I’d like to be somewhere else right now, metaphorically speaking, it’s not gonna help.
I know how important these exams are, and I’m also really aware that as soon as this exam session is over, I will have to deal with even more important stuff, i.e. the essay for my bachelor degree. At least I found a theme that I like, but I still know it won’t be easy to write it. And that will cause me even more stress.
Maybe that’s why I’m drinking so much tea lately.
I got to say, I’m almost feeling guilty right now for using my time to blog instead of studying. But hey, it’s already 10 p.m. and I think I did my job for today. Or didn’t I? Well… maybe I could have done something more, I guess.
More than one person already told me that I say sorry too much. It’s true, I tend to say it way often and it came to the point where people may think that I say it more like as an habit than because I mean it. The thing is, I actually mean it. Always.
Since this is my first post of 2015 (Happy New Year, everyone!), I will try to start with my only New Year’s Resolution: saying “sorry” less. I thought I would have started this post by apologizing for my long absence from the blog, but I’ve done that so many times that I’m also started to be tired of it.
I always have some difficulties in putting myself back into work, and this blog is no exception. I want to write, I really do. But when you stay away for so much times, it can be a bit scaring. I have to admit it, though: it feels nice to write again. And I’m realizing just now how much I actually missed it.
So yeah,… Here I am. But let’s keep it short – as I say, I’m not here to apologize.
Last week I’ve been nominated for not one, but two Liebster Awards! I can’t believe how lucky I am and I really want to thank the two people who nominated me, Alenixedda of Da una stella cadente all’altra and Becky of Under the Sea Beauty. You guys are amazing, and if you don’t know their blogs, I really suggest you check them out cause they’re really worth you time!
Link back to the person that nominated you.
Answer questions given by the nominator.
Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
Create 11 questions for the nominees.
Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
1. A book, a song, a movie and a city that describe you or to which you feel really close. This is more difficult than expected… As for the book, I will go with Sophie’s World, which is a book that changed my life. For the song I don’t even have to think about it, and I go with Imagine right away, cause it describes everything I believe in. There are many movies that I love, but I feel really close to Mary Poppins since it always remember me to look at life with positivity and it makes me believe that it is still possible to have the imagination of a child even when you’re older. Lately, I don’t think there is a particular city that can describe me or a part of myself… But I’d really like to visit Neverland, one day.
2. Which imaginary character would you like to meet, and why? Once again, I’ll go with Mary Poppins. I’d like to see if I would actually love her or found her irritating…
3. If you could time-travel which epoch would you choose? Would it be in the past or would you like to know the future? I will definitely choose something (well, sometime) in the past, even if I’m not too sure what era… But all I know is that the future scares me I really want the future to be a surprise.
4. Do you collect anything? Owls! Even if it’s not really a collection, but more an obsession…
1. If you could re-live any moment in your life, what would it be? My first concert with the choir where I sing, when I was about 6 years old. I remember I was really excited, and I’d like to feel that again, since after that we had so many concerts that sometimes I forget how exciting this can be.
2. What song could you listen to on repeat, and not get tired of? The Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel.
3. What did you initially think when your blog started growing? I’m not even sure that it’s acutally growing that much, but I was really happy about the more comment I got, since that’s one of the things I love most about blogging.
4. If you could only pick one beauty item to take with you on vacation, what would you take? Mascara, for sure!
5. Did you think you would be where you are today a year ago? Yes, since I was already studying and I knew I still had at least one year to go. But thinking about my love life, I didn’t expect that many changes for sure… I guess I thought I was stuck, and I’m really happy I was wrong. I couldn’t be more blissful than I am!
6. What are you most looking forward to in this next year? I really hope my studies will end well and that I will find a decent work. And, well.. everything else that comes with it.
7. Your at the movies, what is your must-have snack to have? Pop corn for sure! Except if I’m watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. In that case I must have some dark chocolate with me.
8. Have you ever thought about starting your own YouTube channel? If you have one already, what motivated you to start it? I thought about it, but I wouldn’t know what to do. Also, I don’t think I would ever be able to talk in front of a camera.
9. What is your favorite quality about yourself? I think I’m a good listener, and I love to help others when I can.
10. What motivates you to write a blog post? When I have a good blogpost idea, I just want to share it with my readers! When I have some good photography that can go with it, I feel even more motivated!
11. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be? Probably Canada, but only if Stitch can come with me.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Rumble. All opinions are 100% mine.
Outside is getting colder and the rain has started its November marathon. I don’t know about you, but for me this excuse is enough to put on my PJs and crawl into my bed with my laptop as soon as I get home from work or school.
And even if there is always a lot of stuff to do, sometimes I just like to take a break from all the stress by watching some random videos. Normally I would go on YouTube and browse some video’s suggestions, but I recently found another website called Rumble that, even if it’s still growing and may not have the same big community as YouTube, have some really great and cute videos.
I’m still just discovering this new website, but I have to say so far I’m liking it. The videos are normally pretty short and it doesn’t seem to be lots of editing behind them, but I think that this does make them more real.
So what are you waiting for? Go grab you cup of tea, jump into your bed and start warming up your heart with these cute videos!
Did you already know Rumble and what do you think of it?
Last week-end was really great. Stitch and I had the pleasure of spend some time in two places our little Country is known for: mountains and lakes. Oh wait, maybe that was Canada… and you probably know as more for our chocolate and our cheese. But still, we have some beautiful mountains and lakes as well!
As you may had notice from the way we were dressed, it was pretty cold (even if the sun was out). But I don’t bother, because I have him to warm my heart.
As a university student, it happens to be away from home all day long. Every night before going to bed, I always check my bag to see if I have everything ready for the next day, so that I can save some time in the morning. Here’s the list of my essentials!
Laptop – I always make sure to charge my MacBook Air for the next day, as in general I don’t like to take the charger with me. If your battery runs out quickly, maybe it’s better to bring it with you as well. Some of my fellow students use their iPad (usually with a keyboard) to take notes, others take them on paper. Use what works best for you!
Water – I make sure to always bring with me a bottle of water, since we all know how important it is for our health. Sometimes, when it get cooler outside, I also take with me a thermos with some hot tea.
Snacks – When I’m concentrated, I tend to get really hungry. I think if it was for me, I could it all the time. I have to admit that sometimes I forget to bring food with me, so I end up buying something at the university’s cafeteria…
Books – Of course, if you need some books for your classes, make sure to take them with you! I know they’re heavy, but they’re still really important. If you just need few pages, you can also scan them on your computer, so you don’t have to bring the whole book with you.
Notebook – I never go anywhere without my current notebook with me. You never know when a good blog post idea will come to you, or when you’ll need to write down something important!
Agenda – Even if lately I found that using the Calendar App to keep all my schedules together, I still love writing down my appointments and big events on my Moleskine. I love to write when something good happens to me during the day as well.
Pens, colors and highlighters – The last two points would be really pointless without some writing material. I think that color is the key to make everything more fun and enjoyable to (re)read.
iPod and headphones – Between a class and another, I sometimes go to the library or to a study room to get ahead with the stuff I need to do (studying, writing, reading,…). Since I get bored of too much silence, I always bring with my iPod and my Urbanears.
Camera – I try to always find a place for my camera in my bag. I sometimes switch between my Canon Powershot G16 and my Instax Mini 90. You never know when a nice shooting opportunity will appear!
Wallet, keys and phone – Do I really have to explain those?
iPhone portable charger – Since my iPhone sometimes runs out pretty quickly of battery, I normally have with me my portable charger I got from here. It already saved me more than once.